Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

I Was OK Til I Cried

I guess all the stress of past events have taken their toll on me.

Honeyman says I need to talk to somebody. I don't have a whole lot of somebodies, so this can be my therapy.

He suggested my sister because we went through the same thing this year with our older sister. But, she is busy. She works long hours and after that she watches her twin grandsons a lot.

Friday was good. The three of us went to the Foo Fighters concert and had a good time. Saturday started out good. I was fine. Honeyman and I watched a movie and Kiddo was at work.

Then... I lost it. My daughter made a comment to me online and I got so upset. I don't even know why. It made no sense. I could not explain it to anyone.

I did a lot of crying that night and I cried off and on yesterday. Today, I am a little better.

It is not all that my sister died. I honestly believe that it was meant to be. It is not easy, but that is the way it goes.

But, so much stuff happened leading up to it and I handled it. There was nothing else to be done.

I am great in a crisis. I do what needs to be done.
There  will be time to think about it later.

I guess that time is now.

The 15th of this month will mark 8 months since Sheila's stroke. She had a severe rare type of stroke called a subarachnoid hemorrhage.  It was caused by an aneurysm.

My niece called Kiddo at 4:30 am because she didn't have my number anymore. She thought she needed to call my parents and sister, but I told her that I could do it.

So, I called.

By 7:00 am, my other sister and I were getting ready to head to Iowa City, where Sheila had been life flighted.

The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is massive so we had to make some phone calls to figure out where to go.

We were the first ones to arrive. We only had a couple hour drive and my brother-in-law had a four hour drive.

By the time we arrived, the drain lines were in to take the swelling off her brain. The front part of her hair had been shaved off.
She was unresponsive for the most part.
At this point, she would make a movement if she heard something that resonated with her or she'd grip a hand when asked to.

It was a long day. Another surgery was done to find the source of the hemorrhage.

This was only the beginning.

14 comments:

  1. You had some major stressors this year. This was a hard one. Not everyone understands until they have been through it. Even then a person can only understand to a certain extent. grieving is unique to everyone as we all have own memories of our loved one. I have faith that we will see her again. Some future time in a much better place. Faith is the substance of things hoped for. Big, big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect anyone to understand. I don't even expect anyone to want to read this. I am not talking about grieving her death. This is my way of letting my feelings out about everything before.
      This is not about faith or seeing her again.

      Delete
  2. I'm really glad you are using this space to pour it out, Ruth. We're here for you. You're right, after the crisis (in your case, crisis added to crisis added to crisis...) the emotional waterfall unleashes itself in full force. Go easy on yourself as you move through this. You'll get to the other side, and we'll still be here with open arms.
    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robyn. You are always so supportive.
      Love to you.

      Delete
  3. Great to have a space to let it flow. We don't realize things sometimes in a crisis, just do it, and then that stuff can come back later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're grieving and you have no other choice, but to grieve. Take time for yourself. When my son died, in 2003, I had to see a grief counselor for 3 years! I also joined a grief support group with other parents who lost adult children and that lasted 1 year. It helped. I totally recommend support groups and talking and writing it out. It takes time.

    Crying is good, even though it takes a lot out of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks! I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site,

    genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,

    Pest Control Services in Jaipur:

    Are you troubled with cockroaches, mosquitoes, ants, insects, lizards in the

    house? These insect-moths not only spoil your beautiful house and furniture but

    also threaten your health.

    Thanks for sharing.



    Pest Control in Jaipur



    Regards

    Sameer

    ReplyDelete
  6. satta king
    play bazaar Only buy the best products when building a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide hotmail and hotline customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to
    Hotmail Help Guide

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.